FOUNDATION Course Curriculum

FOUNDATION Course Equipment List

Tuesday, December 17, 2024

Abby & Lys Practice

 Here is a video of my practice exam with Abby this morning. Sadly I didn’t even realize I forgot to change my shoes until I sat down to watch it. ๐Ÿซฃ๐Ÿคฃ. That’s how my life is going at the moment haha. 

I have some questions and would love some feedback. My “winching” in this video isn’t great. I feel like if I keep my foot on the ground I can’t reach her. am I doing something wrong?

Also I tried to step into her when she sits too far from me. Am I doing it right? 

The other piece of advice I need is what to do if she wants to smell things on the ground during the Viktors test. If I can’t correct her (or Gunny) they get really carried away sniffing and want to wander. How should we handle that? 

Anything else you’re seeing that we should work on? I know my hands on the stand weren’t great ๐Ÿ˜‚. I was trying to put my right hand out of her view (but it looks like I’m putting pressure on her back) because if she sees my hands there she wants any excuse to do the down (imagine that). You’ll love the ending of the video as well. Down is her favorite command and apparently her way of telling me today that she was done training ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚




1 comment: