FOUNDATION Course Curriculum

FOUNDATION Course Equipment List

Monday, December 2, 2024

12-2-24 Scrambled Heeling

 

4 comments:

  1. Here is the class video from today. Both Abby and Gunny need to be doing this close work with other dogs on a regular basis. The more they learn to say "NO" to focusing on the distractions, the faster they both learn to say "YES" to paying attention to their handler.

    Great class, delighted both of you were able to stay.

    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knox, as frustrating as I can imagine working with Gunny gets at times, she is offering you a challenge that will ultimately help you (both) grow more! Afterword, working with Abby will be a piece of cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxanne I noticed that you don’t say the out every time in this video. Are there times you just do the correction without the out? When is the right time to use it ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allysa,

    If the "Out!" is overused, it loses its effectiveness. So I toggle between the "Out!" and a staunch collar correction.

    Great observation and question, Allysa

    ReplyDelete