FOUNDATION Course Curriculum

FOUNDATION Course Equipment List

Tuesday, October 29, 2024

Week 2

 We worked a little this morning. This is actually me and Gunny. My husband needed something from the church and I was already outside with Gunny so I just took her with me and decided to practice while we were there. 

I do have a few questions. If they want to put their heads down and smell everything is that an “Out” moment? Also does it matter if I leave the loop bigger in my right hand? It’s so much lease in my small hands when I fold up the extra loop into my hand. (Does that even make sense?) haha




6 comments:

  1. Chilly this
    Morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allysa,

    Great work in the chilly rain!! Don't "Out!" dog for sniffing, we have an exercise to handle that habit in Week 7. One way to help a sniffing dog is to either 1) move faster or 2) step on the LL, while continuing to move forward. Does this make sense? The "Out!" is only used on a 6' leash and only for a LLLL situation. In
    years past, at th3 3nd of Week 2, the "Out!" had been overused and inappropriately misused so the poor dog thought its name was 'OUT'🤦‍♀️. Use the "OUT" only for LLLL and the dog will believe it had better CEASE making bad choices.

    Yes, you can have a longer loop.

    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work. Remember on the shaping of the sit. When you slide replace have your thumb that is close to the snap bolt up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, Allysa, working in a parking lot or basketball court is perfect because you have painted lines to follow. This allows you to practice making crisp, clean turns and straight line heeling.

    ReplyDelete